Thursday, April 17, 2014

Menomonee River Surprise

I took my little girl fishing on this beautiful afternoon.  We went down to the Menomonee to try to catch some suckers on the fly.  I haven't really fished the Menomonee since last October.  The water was high, fast and filthy; but it was also full of fish.  There were mostly suckers, but there were also a fair amount of steelhead!  I lost a few really nice steelhead, but I did manage to land one.  I caught so many fish that my arms are tired!  It was a great afternoon.


Oops, foul hook






My first ever steelhead!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I would love to visit and catch some suckers on a fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they should be running strong for the next couple weeks! let me know if there's any chance you could swing out this way, it would be great!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and bookmarked it. Thanks for all these posts. My challenge is to stop reading and get out there!

    ReplyDelete