Monday, April 13, 2015

Ghost Pepper Fail

It seems like they're throwing around the term "ghost pepper" pretty loosely these days. I just ordered Wendy's "Ghost Pepper Fries," opened them up to find Wendy's standard (delicious) fries covered in a cheese sauce and sprinkled with some sort of diced green pepper, seeds included.

I've never seen a green ghost pepper in my life.  I'm not saying they don't exist. They just don't exist in this dish.

I cautiously popped one of the peppers, ready for the worst, only to taste the ever so familiar jalapeño.  This is probably for the best. I've eaten ghost peppers, they aren't the best tasting peppers, they kind of have a piney taste, but let's be honest, nobody uses ghost peppers because of the great taste.

Bottom line, if you're going to make a "ghost pepper" dish, it had better be pretty damn spicy!  I make spicier chili I serve without hesitation to my three year old daughter. I call it mild. Wendy's Ghost Pepper Fries are delicious, but are no hotter than your standard, run of the mill jalapeño.

Sorry to all my regular readers for my absence. I don't have regular access to a computer that I can post updates from, and I've been hesitant to try to write an update from my phone, as I did today. This past fishing season was one of the worst ones I can remember, and I took quite an off-season. I hope to make up for it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment